Clients rely on BOLD for creative and innovative solutions that our decades of experience allow us to bring to the demands of each transaction. BOLD has maintained an active mergers and acquisitions practice for more than 30 years, during which time the firm has been involved in acquisitions, sales, and merger transactions that range in value from hundreds of thousands to many tens of millions of dollars.
We have a long history of representing and interacting with family-owned businesses, closely-held companies, boards of directors, and shareholder groups in a variety of sale and purchase transactions. We have represented buyers and sellers across a wide spectrum of industry sectors, including accounting, technology, transportation, and manufacturing.
On behalf of private businesses of all sizes across a wide spectrum of industry sectors, we handle a full range of negotiated transactions, including:
- Stock and asset acquisitions of private companies
- Secured transactions
- Leveraged buyouts
- Joint ventures
Spin-offs and split-offs
The BOLD customer service philosophy centers on total dedication to achieve the objectives of the clients by using the highest quality advice, which has been tailored to fit the needs of each particular situation.
The BOLD Approach
- Dealmakers. We recognize we are retained to “make the deal happen” and not to “kill the deal.” To this end, our goal is always to spot the issues and suggest solutions.
- Large-scale deal experience. Our attorneys bring a wealth of experience to each transaction. They can help obtain the best possible business terms, implement the most sophisticated structures, and meet the tightest closing schedules.
- Well-rounded experience. Our attorneys have experience negotiating from both sides of a transaction. This means we anticipate deal tactics from the other side and can pursue the most favorable strategy for our clients. The final result: a deal with terms most beneficial to each client.
- Collaboration with other practice groups. BOLD’s diverse practice in areas beyond mergers and acquisitions means we go beyond the particulars of each transaction to help with strategic planning on tax issues, employee benefits and compensation, employment law, secured transactions, litigation, vendor management concerns, estate planning, real estate and any other elements that are critical to each client’s success.
- Post-deal progress. The transaction is just the beginning of the story. BOLD’s involvement in each transaction does not end when the client signs on the dotted line. Our diverse practice allows us to continue to advise the client on ongoing operational and management issues if the client has acquired a business, and on estate planning, tax, and investment issues if the client has sold its business.